Thursday, March 6, 2014

The ~Milestones~ Keep on Coming!

I never check-out the little tab on Facebook that shows you what you were doing, or what had been posted, one year ago. Today, though, was different... and I'm so happy it was!

The month of March is Brain-Injury Awareness Month. Because I'm a Survivor-Speaker for the Brain Injury Association of Massachusetts, I was given the opportunity exactly one year ago today to have my first-ever blog post published on its website: 
http://braininjuryma.wordpress.com/2013/03/06/mind-over-matter/

Reading that post, seeing the corresponding photo, brought about a rush of differing emotions upon leaving my favorite class [Advanced Screenwriting]. Astonishment, nostalgia, and most prominently, *PRIDE* swelled within me. I was astounded by my appearance: clearer complexion, less-obvious "googly-eyeball", a tad bit thinner. I was nostalgic in regards to how far I've come, in terms of my writing style and capability. More importantly, I was proud of my dedication to the mission of the BIA-MA! 

No comments:

Post a Comment